Travel Bali - Bali Indonesia - Bali Shopping - Bali Vacation
Bali Hotel - Bali Diving - Bali Adventure - Guide Bali
This book examines the key debates about globalization and provides a detailed and incisive analysis of the varied and often contradictory opposition to globalization within the United States.
Subjects covered include:
* the historical context of the development of globalization in the US in the post-war period
* opposition to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the General Agreement on Trade & Tariffs (GATT) & the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
* the nationalist response to globalization from 'militia' groups and others on the extreme right
* the populist backlash against globalization
* recent moves by advocates of the free market to present 'globalization with a human face'.